Long Beach Career-Linked Learning (CaLL) connects students with employers to deliver high-quality work-based learning experiences that benefit both employers and our students. Our mission is to ensure all Long Beach students—from middle school to college—have access to inspiring work-based learning opportunities in growing and emerging career sectors, complementing what they learn in class, so that they gain the skills and knowledge needed to be successful members of our local economy.
- Long Beach employers need a better educated workforce to meet current and future demands. Right now, not enough students are graduating from high school, and those who do often lack the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in college and the 21st century workforce.
- The Linked Learning approach invites employers to partner with schools to ensure that both the academic and professional learning in and outside of the classroom are preparing students to succeed in a career within their chosen pathway.
- Employers can invest in the future of their workforce by providing students with high-quality work-based learning opportunities such as field trips, mentorships, job shadows, and internships.
- The CaLL partners with teachers to work with students to set professional behavior expectations, and teachers and administrators work directly with employers to ensure students are well-prepared.
- In addition to offering opportunities directly to students, employers can also offer our teachers externships and guidance. Educators teaching in pathways in your industry sector want to sharpen their understanding of the latest trends and innovations in your field so they can incorporate them into their lessons